This month, Pure Storage® is releasing version 4.1 of Purity//FB, our latest software release for our unified fast file and object unstructured data platforms. Version 4.1 provides FlashBlade® customers with new functionality, true to the spirit of Evergreen™: that your storage should get better as it ages.
With the launch of FlashBlade//S™ and Purity//FB 4.0 in June 2022, the FlashBlade family went through the largest hardware transformation in its history. In the months since its release, FlashBlade//S has exceeded expectations, being adopted by more customers and in larger sizes. With unstructured data being the fastest-growing area of data today, and in the foreseeable future, there’s never been a better time to become a FlashBlade customer.
But for those customers who have been with us on this journey for a long time, Purity//FB 4.1 also brings our latest software release to all customers, both for first-generation FlashBlade and FlashBlade//S. It includes feature updates such as:
- Object storage enhancements, such as support for Object Lock and Object Bucket Quotas
- File system scale enhancements, allowing for up to 10,000 file systems per FlashBlade
- Performance and space efficiency improvements for FlashBlade//S systems
In the coming weeks, we’ll share more details about each of these new features and talk about the value they bring to FlashBlade customers. What hasn’t changed is the value that FlashBlade brings to customers, enabling you to:
Uncomplicate unstructured data
- Accelerate the pace of innovation and gain insight from your data faster.
- Bring simplicity, scale, and multi-dimensional performance necessary for consolidation of key unstructured data workloads.
Leverage industry-leading sustainability
- Get the most from your data center by reducing space and power consumption.
- Deliver high performance on key metrics such as capacity per watt, bandwidth per watt, and capacity per rack unit.
- Move to Purity//FB 4.1 without disruption or downtime.
- Put platform obsolescence in the rearview mirror with all-inclusive software, blade upgrades, trade-in credit on model upgrades, and capacity consolidation with FlashBlade//S.
FlashBlade//S continues to deliver innovation that solves customer problems at scale. We’re excited to share more about the feature set in Purity 4.1 that will further enable our customers to minimize unstructured data storage complexity and scale as needed to combat the ever-increasing amounts of data. Be on the lookout for upcoming articles dedicated to each of the new features in Purity 4.1.